This easy one pan dinner is bursting with so many delicious flavors. It’s so light too! I love the flavor combination of lemon and artichoke. The capers on here are also an amazing addition to the dish. Of course, garlic too! My husband and I loved this dish and the easy clean-up afterwards was a huge bonus! (doing dishes sucks)
I topped mine with some grated parmesan but if you are dairy-free, it’ll still be amazing without it!Print
- 4 thin sliced chicken breasts (boneless and skinless)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 14 oz. can artichokes (cut in half or quarters)
- 2–3 tbsp capers
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2.5 lemons (2 juiced, and half thinly sliced)
- 1 tsp dried basil, divided
- 1/2 tsp dried parsley
- 1/4 tsp oregano
- 2–3 tbsp grated parmesan
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- fresh chopped parsley for garnish, optional
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Season the thin sliced chicken breasts with 1/2 tsp dried basil, salt and pepper. Lay them evenly on a lightly greased baking dish.
- In a small bowl capers, garlic, lemon juice, and olive oil.
- Top seasoned chicken with artichoke hearts (you can lay some around the chicken too if you’d like) and drizzle the sauce over the chicken.
- Lay the lemon slices over the chicken.
- Sprinkle the oregano, dried parsley and the other 1/2 tsp dried basil evenly over chicken.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes (depending on the size of your chicken breasts-so keep an eye) or until the chicken is cooked all the way through.
- Top with grated parmesan and bake about 3 more minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Top with fresh chopped parsley and serve immediately, enjoy!
- as a delicious side for this chicken, steam some green beans then mix them with the juice that’s in the pan with the baked chicken, add a bit more garlic and olive oil if need be.