Spice up your next taco night with this easy yet delicious recipe!
Happy taco Tuesday! We take taco night very seriously over here. My favorite part about tacos is how versatile they are.. you can make a different recipe every time just by changing up your protein and topping options. I realized I don’t have many red meat recipes on my blog, so I figured I’d try some steak tacos.
These were super easy, I just marinaded some flank steak for 5 hours (the longer, the better) – grilled the steak, sliced it really thin and threw it in a taco with some cabbage (for some crunch) and my favorite homemade yogurt cilantro lime sauce. PRO TIP: get trader joe’s corn salsa and throw that on there too, it’s so zesty and flavorful!
Living in Texas, corn tortillas have grown on me. I use corn or siete food’s  coconut flour tortillas. Of course, you can use flour or whatever else you’d like for yours!Print 
- 2 lbs. flank steak
- 1 lime (juiced)
- 3 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp cayenne (optional)
- salt and pepper (to taste)
Cilantro Lime Yogurt Sauce
- 1/2 cup plain greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves (chopped)
- 1 lime (juiced)
- 1/4 tsp garlic (minced)
- salt (to taste)
- cabbage (thinly sliced, for topping)
- corn or flour tortillas
- corn salsa (optional but recommended)
- avocado (diced, optional)
- pickled jalapenos (optional)
- Season flank steak with chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, cayenne, salt and pepper. Rub the seasonings into the steak then transfer into a baking dish or zipblock bag.
- Add the lime juice and toss to coat evenly.
- Seal or cover the steak and refrigerate for as long as over night or as little as a few hours (the longer the better but do what you can!)
- Put together your yogurt sauce by combining all the ingredients. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Heat a grill to medium high, add flank steak and cook for 3-4 minutes on each side or until done to your liking.
- Remove from the grill and cover with foil, let the flank rest for about 5 minutes before slicing into thin strips.
- Assemble your tacos by topping your tortillas with the flank strips, then some cabbage, yogurt sauce, and any other toppings you desire.