Delicious and fluffy, gluten-free peanut butter and jelly bars!
Anything that tastes like good ol’ PB&J – I’m about it! This flavor combo never gets old. I’ve been loving my little baked bars lately – it’s always nice to have a “healthier” sweet snack around the house! These bars are the perfect little sweet bite to have after a savory meal. They’re gluten-free and made with blanched almond flour. If you haven’t baked with almond flour yet, you really need to try! It’s the best way to make your baked goods a bit healthier! Trader Joe’s sells blanched almond flour now and it’s very affordable. Bob’s Red Mill  is another great brand – I love all their flours!
For the “jelly” drizzle – I actually just used Trader Joe’s organic raspberry fruit spread! I put it in a squirt bottle to get “the perfect drizzle” – you could honestly just smear it on and it’ll taste just as good! Feel free to use any jelly, fruit spread or jam – I personally just love the raspberry fruit spread. You could also make your own, there are a ton of recipes on pinterest!
- 1 cup creamy all natural peanut butter
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 mashed ripe banana
- 1/2 cup blanched almond flour
- 1 tsp vanilla
- pinch of cinnamon
- fruit spread, jelly or jam of choice! (I used Trader Joe’s raspberry fruit spread)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and line an 8 x 8 baking dish/pan with parchment paper (I fold/tuck the sides so it fits perfectly square to the pan)
- Combine (using a mixing bowl or stand mixer) the mashed banana, creamy peanut butter, vanilla and honey. Whisk in the eggs.
- Add salt, cinnamon, and baking soda. Then add in the almond flour. Make sure everything is combined well then pour the batter into the parchment paper lined baking pan – use a wooden spoon or rubber spatula to smooth out the top.
- Bake for about 20 minutes – or until edges are slightly golden brown, you can check with a toothpick to make sure the inside is done.
- Let cool and then cut into 16 little bars. Drizzle or spread the fruit spread/jam/jelly on and enjoy!