This creamy calabrian tomato gnocchi soup has the perfect amount of spice and flavor to it! Inspired by Trader Joe’s calabrian chili tomato dumpling soup. You will love this homemade version!
We all know I love using Trader Joe’s  products to make slightly elevated home cooked meals. However, I also love re-making Trader Joe’s products/meals at home. You never know when Trader Joe’s is going to take something off the shelves so having a copy cat version to make at home is necessary. I love their calabrian chili tomato dumpling soup. It’s probably my favorite soup they have there. This one is pretty close and super easy to make!
Other soup recipes you will love:
- Easy creamy harissa tomato soup 
- Spinach tortellini minestrone 
- Crock-Pot creamy chicken tortilla soup 
- Egg roll soup 
- Lemon chicken soup 
I used Silk dairy free heavy whipping cream for this recipe. However, any heavy cream will work for this! Also, any calabrian chili paste will work. I love Trader Joe’s Italian bomba sauce. It’s affordable and super delicious.
Why not save & pin for later?
Make sure you don’t lose this recipe by saving it for later! Also, for more recipes make sure you’re following me on Pinterest , Instagram  and like my page on Facebook . If you make this recipe, be sure to leave a star rating and tag me in your pictures!Print 
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup yellow onion, chopped
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 28 oz can diced tomatoes
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 tbsp Trader Joe’s Italian bomba sauce, or more to taste, you can use any calabrian chili paste
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 1 lb shelf stable mini gnocchi, or regular size gnocchi, cooked
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 4–5 basil leaves, chopped
- Add oil to a large pot over medium heat. Once heated add onion, salt, pepper, oregano and Italian seasoning. Sauté for 4-5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add garlic and let cook for 40 seconds, stirring frequently.
- Add tomatoes, tomato paste, Italian bomba sauce, and broth.
- Bring to a boil then reduce heat and let simmer for 30 minutes.
- Turn off heat and blend the soup using an immersion blender. If you don’t have an immersion blender you can carefully transfer the soup to a regular blender. Blend soup until smooth and creamy.
- Turn the heat back on high and bring the soup to a boil.
- Add the mini gnocchi and let boil for 3-4 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium-low. Whisk in the cream and add the basil.
- Let cook for another 3-5 minutes or until it’s heated through. Taste and adjust seasonings if need be. You can also stir in more Italian bomba sauce if you want more heat.
- Ladle into bowls and add more chopped basil if desired.