This one skillet Mediterranean shrimp dish is the perfect weeknight dinner bursting with flavor. It’s light yet satisfying and goes perfectly over a base of your favorite pasta or cous cous.
Mediterranean is one cuisine I always find myself craving. However, we have been getting it for take-out way too much. I decided to bring those flavors into the kitchen with a light seafood recipe. It’s an ideal summer dish because it’s fresh and light. But, it will also transition well into the cooler months when you find yourself craving those light and fresh flavors. Also, if you serve it with some pasta it makes for a delicious comfort meal.
Other shrimp recipes you will love:
- Loaded ceviche 
- Salsa verde shrimp over coconut cauliflower rice 
- Trader Joe’s pineapple stir fry 
- Air fryer lemon pepper shrimp 
Why not save & pin for later?
Make sure you don’t lose this recipe by saving it for later! Also, for more recipes make sure you’re following me on Pinterest , Instagram  and like my page on Facebook . If you make this recipe, be sure to leave a star rating and tag me in your pictures! I hope you enjoy this recipe and add it to your weeknight dinner rotation.
Thank you Courtney  for developing this recipe. I recently hired her to develop a couple of my recipe ideas each month! I have a ton of ideas but not enough time to execute them all. She is super talented so I’m excited to be working with her on this. Especially excited to have her develop some of my baking recipe this Fall/Winter since that is my weak spot.Print 
- 2 tbsp butter*
- 2 tbsp olive oil*
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 2 tbsp capers, drained
- 1 shallot, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1 lb shrimp, preferably with tails on
- 1/4 cup sliced green olives
- 1/4 cup shredded or grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes: optional
- Chopped fresh basil to finish
- Warm the butter and olive oil on medium-low heat. Add in the cherry tomatoes and cook until they start to burst, stirring often, about 5-10 minutes, depending on their size.
- Add in the capers, shallot, garlic, and salt and cook for another 3-4 minutes, until garlic and shallot have softened.
- Pour in the white wine and cook down, stirring, 3-4 minutes until wine has evaporated some and the liquid has thickened.
- Add the shrimp and leave the dish untouched for 2-3 minutes, then flip the shrimp and cook for another 2-3 minutes, until they are pink and fully cooked through.
- Stir in the green olives and sprinkle the whole pan with parmesan cheese.
- Once the cheese has melted, serve over cooked grain or pasta of choice and top with red pepper flakes and fresh basil. Serve over cous cous or your favorite pasta or grain and enjoy!
*Note: you can use 4 tbsp of either, but the combination makes for a great flavor and the olive oil helps keep the butter from burning or browning too quickly. I think the butter flavor adds a lot to this dish!
- Prep Time: 3 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Cuisine: Mediterranean
Keywords: mediterranean, shrimp, skillet