The perfect cozy Fall breakfast!
This quiche is loaded with all the delicious flavors of Fall. Chopped brussel sprouts, roasted butternut squash, goat cheese, with a sweet potato crust. You could also use regular potatoes if you’re not a fan of sweet potatoes. I personally love the sweet flavor it brings to the quiche.
My husband always needs some type of sauce drizzle or something to dip in with quiches (and just about everything else) – so we combined 2 parts good quality dijon (I use Sir Kensington’s), and 1 part pure maple syrup. It was DELICIOUS, and I highly recommend doing the same!
To make the crust you’ll have to cut some of the sweet potato rounds in half to fit the pie pan – refer to the photo!
1 large sweet potato, cut into 1/8 inch rounds
1 cup chopped brussel sprouts, I cut each brussel sprout lengthwise into 4 pieces
1 cup diced butternut squash
1/2 cup crumbled goat cheese
1/4 cup milk of choice, I used unsweetened cashew milk
1 tbsp olive oil, divided
1/2 tsp garlic powder
salt and pepper to taste
non-stick cooking spray, I used coconut oil spray
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Using nonstick cooking spray, grease a 9 inch round baking dish/pie dish. Add the sweet potato rounds to cover the dish (refer to photo) you will have to cut some in half to fit along the sides. Lightly spray again over the sweet potato rounds.
- On a baking sheet, add butternut squash and drizzle with about 1/2 tbsp olive oil.
- Bake the sweet potato crust and butternut squash together for 16-17 minutes.
- Meanwhile, add the other 1/2 tbsp olive oil to a skillet over medium heat. Add the chopped brussel sprouts and let them saute for a few minutes, then remove and set aside.
- In a bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Add the brussel sprouts and baked butternut squash and make sure everything is combined.
- Pour the egg mixture on top of the baked sweet potato crust. Top with crumbled goat cheese.
- Bake for 25-28 minutes or until the eggs are set and the top is slightly golden.
- Let cool for a few minutes then cut into slices. Top with arugula if desired!
-If you like a sauce with your quiche, combine 2 parts dijon and 1 part maple syrup for a delicious drizzle or dipping sauce!