Another delicious chili recipe because it’s been so cold! This might be my new favorite winter dinner – it’s cozy, filling, flavorful, and easy! I cooked and shredded my chicken ahead of time, which was a huge time saver – you could also use chicken from a rotisserie chicken or Trader Joe’s sells pre shredded chicken! This dinner takes less than thirty minutes and since there’s only two of us we have leftovers for tonight.
This chili is gluten and dairy free which is also amazing!Print
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 yellow onion (diced)
- 1 4 oz. can diced green chiles
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1 cup tomatilla salsa verde (I got mine at Trader Joe’s – all stores sell it or you can make your own!)
- 2 cans great northern beans (drained and rinsed)
- 1 cup corn (I used from a can – drained and rinsed)
- 3–4 cups cooked and shredded chicken ((about two chicken breasts))
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- juice of 1 lime
- cilantro, diced avocado, sliced jalopeno (for topping – optional but recommended!)
- In a large stock pot or dutch oven add your oil over medium heat. Add onion and green chiles. Saute for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add garlic and saute for another 30 seconds-1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Add the rest of the ingredients (besides toppings!) stir, and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium-low, cover your pot and let simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- Top with diced avocado, cilantro, and sliced jalapeno and enjoy!