Craving some sushi? Try these budget-friendly, easy and delicious deconstructed shrimp sushi bowls with cauliflower rice!
These shrimp sushi bowls with cauliflower rice are one of my favorite dinners. This dish tastes amazing and gives all the flavors of sushi. However, it’s so quick and easy to make! I chop up and prep my veggies before cooking, then just cook some shrimp and cauliflower rice in a skillet with oil. Then I just arrange my bowls and dinner is on the table.
If you’re vegetarian try tofu instead of shrimp, or just add more veggies! I think these would also be amazing with salmon or crab meat. You can really get creative with this recipe to cater to your cravings.
I provide a homemade spicy mayo recipe in the recipe. However, Trader Joe’s just launched a new sauce. It’s called “dynamite” sauce and it’s inspired by sushi! This is a great store bought option!
I hope you enjoy this recipe!Print
- 3 tbsp seasoned rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp olive or avocado oil, divided
- 1 bag of cauliflower rice, or 1 head of cauliflower riced
- 8 oz. shrimp, deveined and tails removed
- 1 small avocado, thinly sliced or chopped into cubes
- 1/2 cup cucumber, sliced and halved
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup edamame, shelled
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 green onions, sliced for topping
- sesame seeds, for garnish
Spicy Mayo (if making your own)
- 4 tbsp avocado oil mayo
- 2 tbsp sriracha
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- salt to taste
- Pat dry the shrimp and season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Heat a skillet over medium-high heat and add 1 tbsp olive or avocado oil, then add the cauliflower rice. Allow to cook for 5-7 minutes (or until cauliflower is tender), stirring occasionally. Add cauliflower rice to two bowls and toss with riced vinegar.
- Add the other tbsp of oil to the pan at medium heat. Add shrimp in a single layer and cook for 1-2 minutes per side, or until they’re cooked through.
- Arrange your bowls, top the cauliflower rice with the shrimp then arrange your avocado slices, cucumber, carrots, and edamame.
- Combine your avocado mayo and sriracha, and whisk together. Drizzle your spicy mayo over your sushi bowls.
- Top with sesame seeds and sliced green onion. Serve immediately and enjoy!