Creamy spinach and artichoke spaghetti squash is the perfect healthy, yet delicious dinner. It’s also incredibly easy to make!
One of my favorite things ever is spinach and artichoke dip. I crave it a lot, which is what inspired me to make a healthy recipe using spinach and artichoke flavors in a spaghetti squash (because I really cannot get enough of spaghetti squash these days).
I sort of winged this recipe the other night. As it came out of the oven (I took a few picture as it cooled like usual *food blogger life*), I set it down for dinner and told my husband “I’m really not sure about this.” Thankfully, he said it was one of his favorite things I ever made, and I really enjoyed it as well! I got those spinach and artichoke dip cravings out of the way, and had a nutritious meal at the same time. I think some chicken added to this recipe would be amazing and add some extra protein! But, you do get some protein from the greek yogurt and spinach 😉Print
- 1 large spaghetti squash
- 2–3 cloves of garlic (minced)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3/4 cup plain greek yogurt, you can also use softened cream cheese for a cheesier taste!
- 1 14 oz. can artichokes (drained & quartered )
- 3–4 cups packed baby spinach
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan – divided
- 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese – or to taste
- 1/2 cup white onion – chopped
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp dried basil
- salt and pepper to taste
- chopped parsley – for garnish, optional
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F
- Slice your spaghetti squash in half lengthwise, take seeds out and drizzle 1 tbsp of olive oil on the insides. Place the spaghetti squash halves face down on a baking sheet and bake for about 30-33 minutes (depending on size, also remember the squashes will bake again after being stuffed)
- Meanwhile, in a skillet over medium heat add the other 1 tbsp of olive oil, garlic and onion. Saute for about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl whisk together greek yogurt, 1/4 cup parmesan (save the rest for topping), salt, pepper, dried oregano, and dried basil. Set aside.
- Add artichokes and spinach to the skillet with garlic and onion and cook until the spinach is wilted, stirring occasionally.
- Evenly distribute the greek yogurt/parm mixture in each spaghetti squash. Then top with the spinach/artichoke mixture. Mix and somewhat pull the spaghetti squash insides so its gently combined and somewhat covered. Top with the other 1/4 cup of parmesan and the shredded mozzarella. Return to the oven and bake for another 6-8 minutes or until the cheese is melted and top is a little crisp and golden.
- Let cool, top with chopped parsley, and fresh cracked pepper if desired – and enjoy!