My Austin bachelorette party guide! Everything from exactly where you should stay, what to eat, where to drink and what to do!
I’m approaching four years living in Austin. Time flies. Back in 2017 I had my bachelorette party here just a few months after living here. Looking back, I knew very little about my own city so thankfully my friends did a lot of research. I wanted to include some of my favorite things we did as well as things I discovered while living here. This is the ultimate Austin bachelorette party guide.
Where to stay:
Something to take into consideration is Austin is spread out. It can get suburban real quick too. You want to be somewhat central so it’s either a quick uber ride or walk (or scooter lol) to where everything is!
- This air bnb is blocks from Rainey and can sleep 8 guests. It’s also super cute.
- This air bnb is in east downtown and can have up to 9 guests. The back porch is amazing!
- Central Austin air bnb with downtown views that holds up to 12. This place is GORGEOUS.
- This cute home that can hold up to 8 guests is walking distance from Rainey St.
- This east central air bnb can have up to 10 guests. It’s very spacious and has great views.
- Soco Bungalow air bnb for a smaller group! This home located in South Congress that holds up to 6 guests and super cute. 5 star rating!
- South Congress Hotel – South Congress is my favorite part of the city. Bonus: it has an amazing pool!
- Hotel San Jose – also on South Congress and has a pool! It’s beautiful.
- JW Marriot – right smack dab in downtown with an amazing rooftop pool.
- The Line – also in downtown near town lake. Also, has a pool!
What to do:
- Hipside Peddler: I did this on my bachelorette party and it was SO much fun. It carries groups of 6-15 people. You go on a 2-3 hour ride through the city. You can do the bar hop one which I highly recommend! Also, you’ll get some exercise which is a plus.
- Rent a pontoon: We also did this on my bachelorette party and it was one of the best days ever. It’s great for a group. If your bachelorette party is in one of our warmer months, it is a must! You’ll just hangout on Lake Austin all day and enjoy the sun, and some drinks 😉
- Shop on South Congress: this is my favorite spot to take guests when they’re visiting. It’s about as “Austin” as it gets. Tons of shops, bars, cafes, restaurants and wall murals for photos!
- Canoe or stand up paddle board on town lake: this is one of my favorite things to do on a nice day!
- Barton springs pool: on weekends this spot gets crowded so make sure to get there early!
- Hike the greenbelt or take a stroll down town lake (or Lady Bird Lake as some call it)
- Goat yoga
- Karaoke at The Highball.
- Spa day at Milk and Honey Spa in downtown for a little relaxation time.
- Hamilton Pool – the Hamilton pool preserve is outside of Austin in Dripping Springs. If you want to take the trip make sure to book a reservation online way in advanced. If you make the trip out to Dripping Springs, stop at the Deep Eddy vodka tasting room on your way back for a drink!
- Hire a chef to come cook for you at your air bnb! Monique is a personal chef here in Austin. She’ll come to you and cook for your group!
Where to eat:
My complete food and drink guide is linked here but I’ll list some that are great for a bachelorette party here!
For a sit down dinner:
- Moonshine Patio – good ol’ Southern comfort food. I love the food here and it’s walking distance to Rainey which is great for after dinner drinks and going out! Warning: on weekends there’s always a wait – you might be able to call ahead if you have a big group. The portions are big so don’t be afraid of sharing! My favorite is the pan fried chicken almondine, fried green tomatoes, and roasted garlic bulbs.
- Grizzelda’s – such a cute spot in East Austin! Very small, so call ahead and make a reservation. Their margaritas are delicious.
- Peached Tortilla – located in North-ish Austin. They also have Bar Peached with a smaller menu on West Sixth which is more central. It’s Asian/Tex-Mex fusion and everything is amazing.
- Uchi – amazing Japanese food and sushi. Call ahead and make a reservation. Also, it’s pricy!
- Lin Asian Bar & Dim Sum – one of my favorite spots in Austin. It is VERY small though. Probably not best if your group is large. Definitely make reservations either way. I would suggest loading up on dim sum and apps and splitting a meal if possible. You want variety! I love the Shanghai soup dumpling, the chili oil wontons, and the volcano crispy shrimp with honey pecans.
- Anthem – a “Tex-Asian” spot located right on Rainey St. This is a great location. The menu is smaller but everything is delicious. I love the tiki bar atmosphere. Make sure to get the banana daiquiri.
- Fresas on S First – known for their chicken and Mexican food. This place has an amazing outdoor patio. I love the avocado margaritas!
- Perlas – super cute seafood restaurant located right in the heart of South Congress!
- Bufalina – cozy pizza spot in East Austin!
- La Condesa – modern Mexican spot in downtown. Great drinks!
- Irenes – patio, fun drinks, Instagram wall, located in downtown – need I say more?
- Josephine House – perfect for a girl’s brunch!
- Hillside Farmacy – located in East Austin. They have an amazing Bloody Mary.
- Peached Tortilla – whipped Nutella toast is a must! Get a bunch of things to share because everything is so delicious.
- Mattie’s – for a southern brunch!
- Emmer & Rye – only on Sundays. Located right on Rainey St.
- Suerte – modern Mexican spot in East Austin. They do brunch Saturday & Sunday!
- La Barbecue – get your barbecue fix in at while you’re in Austin. There will be a wait!
- Cafe Josie – all you can eat brunch!
For a quick bite:
- Torchy’s Tacos – I love their migas breakfast taco and queso! There’s locations all over Austin.
- Gebby’s – this food truck is on Rainey St. from Thurs-Sunday. Their chopped brisket taco is my FAVORITE taco in Austin. Which says a lot.
- Taco Deli – another great taco spot with locations scattered across Austin. They close at 3pm every day!
- Happy Lobster Food Truck – their food truck is on Rainey St. a lot – especially on Saturday evenings. The angry lobster roll is phenomenal.
- Hopdoddy – burger spot on South Congress.
- JuiceLand – if your group is craving a healthy smoothie! They have locations all over.
- Jo’s Coffee On South Congress – grab some coffee and tacos. Then get a photo by the famous “I love you so much” wall!
- Homeslice Pizza – on South Congress.
- Fareground – food hall in downtown with lots of options!
- Chi’lantro – Korean barbecue with multiple locations. Get the kimchi fries!
- Loro – Asian smokehouse! this could also be a sit down dinner. You go to the bar to order and get a number which is why I classify it as “quick.” But, it’s delicious! I love their happy hour.
- Flower Child – for a healthy lunch!
- Whole Foods Flagship Store – if you’re a healthy foodie like me, you will love this! Not only is it an amazing grocery store but they have a ton of food options to eat there. Ramen, sushi, tacos, salad bar, pizza!
- Cosmic Coffee & Beer Garden – my favorite spot for coffee! They have a great dirty Chai. It has tons of cute outdoor space and food trucks!
- Picnik – they have multiple spots! Their flagship restaurant is on Burnet north of downtown (get the harvest hash if you go for brunch) They also have a couple trailer locations – South Lamar and St. Elmo. I love their butter coffees!
- Mozart’s – grab a coffee and sit on the patio with Lake Austin views. So quiet and relaxing!
- Mañana – I love their iced matcha on a hot day!
- Alfred at The Line Hotel – super cute spot in downtown.
- Greater Goods Coffee – great coffee and a beautiful space!
- Jo’s Coffee – on South Congress and in downtown!
- Caffe Medici – a few location including downtown.
- TOMS – the shoe brand has their own coffee shop on South Congress. It’s so cute with fun outdoor seating. And it’s a great cause. With every TOMS Roasting Co. product you purchase, TOMS will help provide safe water to a person in need. One for One®
Where to drink:
An Austin bachelorette party guide isn’t complete without a list of great bars. There’s a place to grab drinks everywhere you look in Austin. But, here are some of my favorites for groups!
- Rainey St. – this is a must! Bar hop and check out my favorites; Lucille’s, Javelina, and Bangers. Honestly, you can’t go wrong with any of the bars.
- Dirty 6th – you have to go and see what dirty 6th is all about. I love The Bling Pig and Shakespeare’s. There’s also a mechanical bull at “Buck Wild” which is always fun.
- Handle Bar – on East 5th but a short stroll from 6th street. This bar is so fun. An adult “teeter – totter” I mean how could you go wrong?
- West 6th – The Cat’s Pajama’s rooftop bar is my favorite!
- Whislers – fun spot in East Austin.
- The White Horse – country music and two step dancing!
- The Broken Spoke – on South Lamar – you will really get a feel of Texas in this place with all the country music history. You can find live music and two step dancing here!
- Garage – intimate cocktail lounge, in an actual parking garage. Good quality cocktails.
- “I love you so much” green wall – this famous wall is located at Jo’s on South Congress
- “Greetings from Austin” postcard wall – on South 1st. Punch “roadhouse relics” into your GPS or uber and you won’t miss this wall.
- Kendra Scott wall on South Congress – they change up this wall but it’s always so cute! Just go to the Kendra Scott location on South Congress.
- Willie for president wall – also on South Congress right by Homeslice Pizza.
- “Howdy Austin” sign on west 6th!
- “You’re my butter half” – on 2000 E MLK Jr. Blvd.
- “HI, how are you” – sign on Guadalupe & 21st.
I hope you find this Austin bachelorette party guide super helpful! Feel free to comment with any other questions you have. Also, make sure to pin this for later, you never know when you’ll have a trip to Austin. This guide isn’t just great for bachelorette parties but large groups in general 🙂