Baked balsamic chicken over a bed of spring mix, fresh berries, avocado, cucumber, creamy goat cheese, walnuts, and a homemade raspberry lime vinaigrette!
Happy Summer!! Warmer weather means craving all the big, fresh salads! I love changing up my salads so that I never get bored. I whipped up this one the other day and it was delicious. The raspberry lime vinaigrette is so refreshing. I’ve been making all my own salad dressings lately! If you have a blender or food processor, it’s really easy.
Other salad recipes you will love:
This recipe made four salads. If there’s two of you like in my house – you have leftovers for lunch the next day! Which is always a plus in my opinion 😉Print
Raspberry Lime Vinaigrette
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh raspberries
- 1 lime (juiced)
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp honey
- pinch of salt
Baked Balsamic Chicken
- 4 thin cut chicken breasts (boneless and skinless)
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp dijon
- 1/4 tsp minced garlic (optional)
- 7–8 cups spring mix
- 1 cucumber (thinly sliced (or 2–3 persian cucumbers))
- 1–2 avocados (thinly sliced)
- 3 cups fresh berries (I used sliced strawberries, raspberries, and blueberries)
- walnut pieces (to taste)
- crumbled goat cheese (to taste)
- Combine all balsamic chicken ingredients in a zip-block bag or air tight container. Make sure the chicken is fully coated and let marinate for at least 30 mins – 1 hour if you have time.
- Pre-heat the oven to 400 degrees F – lay the marinated chicken out on a single layer on a baking dish. Bake uncovered for 20-25 minutes – depending on the size of the chicken (or until cooked through)
- Meanwhile, prep your salad dressing by blending all the ingredients together in a blender or food processor and blending until smooth and liquidy. Taste and adjust if necessary. Store in the fridge in an airtight container until ready to use.
- When chicken is done cooking, let it rest before slicing into thin strips. I personally like my chicken cold on salad so I let it cool completely.
- Assemble your salads by laying out the spring mix, cucumber, berries, goat cheese, chicken and walnuts. Top with the sliced avocado. Drizzle with desired amount of raspberry vinaigrette.