This buffalo chicken stuffed spaghetti squash makes for a flavorful and delicious week-night dinner!
It’s squash season and spaghetti squash is by far my favorite. It’s so versatile. Typically I serve it with a meat sauce because it makes a great pasta substitute. But, I also love finding creative ways to stuff them. This buffalo chicken version is so flavorful and easy!
Other spaghetti squash recipes you will love:
- Jalapeño popper spaghetti squash
- Broccoli chicken alfredo spaghetti squash
- Lazy meat sauce spaghetti squash
Buffalo Chicken Stuffed Spaghetti Squash
- Yield: 2 servings 1x
1 spaghetti squash
1 tbsp olive oil
salt and pepper to taste
1/3 cup buffalo sauce, plus more for drizzling on top
3 tbsp sour cream
1 tsp ranch seasoning
1 & 1/2 cups cooked chicken, chopped in small pieces or shredded
1/2 cup shredded pepper jack cheese, divided
2 tbsp sliced green onion or chives
Ranch dressing for drizzling on top, optional
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cut the spaghetti squash in half lengthwise and remove all of the seeds. Season with olive oil and salt and pepper.
- Roast face down on a baking sheet for 30-33 minutes, or until tender, depending on how large the spaghetti squash is.
- While the spaghetti squash is baking, in a medium mixing bowl combine buffalo sauce, sour cream, ranch seasoning, chicken and 1/4 cup pepper jack cheese.
- When the spaghetti squash is done roasting, loosen up and fluff the strands with a fork. Divide the buffalo chicken mixture evenly in each half of spaghetti squash. Pull the strands again to mix everything together.
- Top with the other 1/4 cup of pepper jack cheese.
- Bake for another 8 minutes.
- Top with green onion or chives. Drizzle with a little buffalo sauce and ranch dressing if desired.