I’m not sure if it’s the heat here or what, but my appetite has been so off. Hot foods are just not something I’ve been craving. This meal right here is the perfect lunch on these triple digit temperature days. It’s also so easy to meal-prep and just have ready to eat whenever! I love making my chicken salad “fancy” by adding chopped apples and grapes – it gives it a little something extra.Print
Chicken Waldorf Salad Lettuce Wraps
- 2 cups cooked chicken breast (chopped or shredded)
- 1 cup avocado oil mayo (or mayo of choice – i love Chosen Food’s brand)
- 1 red apple (chopped)
- 1 cup red seedless grapes (halved)
- 1/4 cup pecan or walnut pieces
- 2 celery stalks (chopped)
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- lettuce boats (romaine, butter lettuce, or iceberg)
- In a bowl combine avocado oil mayo and lemon juice and whisk together.
- Add the chicken, chopped apple, grapes, nuts, and celery. Combine and season with salt, pepper, and dried thyme.
- Top over lettuce boats or refrigerate until ready to eat!