Refreshing, tropical and the perfect amount of sweet inside these delicious and fluffy flap-jacks!
This season I am so into coconut key lime flavored treats! I love that it’s sweet but also refreshing and not overly rich. I recipe tested the pancakes a few times – I actually ended up using Bob’s Red Mill gluten-free baking flour. This flour is 1 to 1 so regular flour will also work! I usually use oat, almond or coconut flour to make things a little healthier, but sometimes you just need the real stuff. I’m going to honest, it made a huge difference.
I love eating healthy and the way it makes me feel, but I’m learning with some things you just need the real deal – and maybe just have a little bit or treat yourself once in a while! Ice cream and pancakes are two of those things, in my opinion 😉
These pancakes are perfect for changing up your breakfast routine. I usually have the same old breakfast Monday-Friday, but on weekends I like to change things up. Pancakes just remind me of the weekend or a lazy day.. maybe that’s why I love them so much.Print
- 1 cup gluten free flour or regular flour
- 1/2 cup plain, vanilla or coconut greek yogurt – I love using Trader Joe’s Coconut Cream Greek Yogurt
- 1/2 cup unsweetened non-dairy milk (I used coconut milk from a carton to give it extra coconut flavor)
- 3 tbsp fresh lime juice (2–3 limes but make sure to measure)
- 1 lime (zested)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Unsweetened shredded coconut for topping
- lime zest, more yogurt and/or maple syrup for topping, all optional
- In a medium mixing bowl combine all the ingredients starting with wet then gradually adding the dry ingredients. Whisk together. Mixture should be thick – if it seems too dry add a drop or two of more milk.
- Heat a skillet or a griddle to medium-low heat and spray with non-stick spray. Use a 1/3 cup measuring cup to transfer the mix to the heated skillet.
- Cook on each side until slightly golden brown – repeat with all of the batter.
- Top with lime zest, shredded coconut, coconut yogurt and/or maple syrup!
- the sweetness all depends on the yogurt you use. If you want low sugar I’d suggest plain. Vanilla or the coconut flavored yogurt will definitely make the pancakes sweeter and enhance the flavors.