This creamy lemon pepper pasta with spinach is a fresh but rich and satisfying pasta recipe that comes together so easily!
This may just be my new favorite pasta recipe! It’s fresh with the lemon flavors and addition of spinach. But, also rich and creamy thanks to the heavy cream and grated parmesan. It’s packed with flavor and perfect for the spring and summertime. I love eating it as a meatless meal. However, feel free to add a protein like sautéed shrimp or grilled chicken. Either way it will be delicious.
I used Trader Joe’s organic fusilli corti bucati pasta. This is my favorite pasta shape. It holds so well and the texture is great. But, you can use any shape! I believe they carry this exact shape at Whole Foods as well. I know the Trader Joe’s one sells out super fast. I can totally understand why.
Other recipes you will love:
Why not save & pin for later?
Make sure you don’t lose this recipe by saving it for later! Also, for more recipes make sure you’re following me on Pinterest, Instagram and like my page on Facebook. If you make this recipe, be sure to leave a star rating and tag me in your pictures!Print
Creamy Lemon Pepper Pasta
- Yield: 3–4 servings 1x
8 oz pasta, cooked al dente according to package instructions, I used Trader Joe’s fusilli corti bucati
2 tbsp salted butter
1/2 tbsp flour
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tsp lemon pepper seasoning
salt to taste, may need more if using unsalted butter
1/3 cup chicken broth, or vegetable broth
juice of 1/2 a lemon
zest of 1 lemon
1 & 1/4 cup heavy cream
1/2 cup grated parmesan
2 cups baby spinach
fresh chopped parsley to taste, optional
more grated parmesan for topping, optional
- Add butter to a large pot over medium heat. Once melted add the flour. Let cook for 1-2 minutes stirring frequently.
- Add garlic, lemon pepper seasoning and salt. Let cook for 30-40 seconds, stirring frequently.
- Whisk in the chicken broth, lemon juice and lemon zest. Let simmer for 1 minute.
- Whisk in the heavy cream, let it thicken for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in the grated parmesan and mix until smooth.
- Add the spinach. Once the spinach is almost wilted mix in the cooked pasta.
- Give everything a good stir and let it all heat for 3-4 minutes.
- Serve with fresh chopped parsley and grated parmesan if desired.
Made this tonight using coconut cream and it was sooooo good! and so easy