This lemon blueberry bread with lemon frosting is such a delicious homemade spring dessert or treat!
A dessert recipe on my blog? I know it’s a rare occasion these days. However, I have been on a baking kick lately. As well as craving all the things lemon blueberry. It’s the perfect sweet springtime flavor combination. This lemon blueberry loaf is incredible. The homemade lemon buttercream frosting is the cherry on top. My husband said this is his favorite dessert I’ve ever made.
I made my frosting in my kitchen aid mixer using the paddle attachment. It was so quick and easy! However, feel free to use store bought frosting if you want to skip this step or don’t have the right kitchen gadgets for it. Vanilla would work! Either way it will be delicious.
Why not save & pin for later?
Make sure you don’t lose this recipe by saving it for later! Also, for more recipes make sure you’re following me on Pinterest, Instagram and like my page on Facebook. If you make this recipe, be sure to leave a star rating and tag me in your pictures!Print
- Lemon Blueberry Bread
- 1 & 1/2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- zest of 1 lemon
- 1/3 cup plain greek yogurt
- 1 cup blueberries mixed with 1 tbsp flour
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 & 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- zest of 1/2 a lemon
- juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 1/4 tsp vanilla
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line a loaf pan with parchment paper to make a lengthwise overhang on each long side of the pan.
- In a medium mixing bowl combine flour, baking powder and salt. Mix and set aside.
- In a stand mixer or a large mixing bowl combine butter, honey, sugar, eggs, vanilla, lemon juice, lemon zest and yogurt. Mix until well combined.
- Slowly add in the dry ingredients and mix until combined.
- Gently stir in the blueberries mixed in flour.
- Pour batter into prepared loaf pan. Bake for 55-60 minutes. or until cooked through (I check with a toothpick), the top should be slightly golden.
- Let bread cool for 30-40 minutes before adding frosting and slicing.
- While the bread is cooling, make the frosting by using a stand mixer with a paddle or whisk attachment. A mixing bowl and hand mixer with either attachment will also work.
- Cream butter on medium high for 4 minutes.
- Add powdered sugar, lemon zest, lemon juice and vanilla. Mix on low for a minute.
- Turn up speed to medium and mix for 3-4 minutes.
- Once the bread is cooled, add the frosting on top, slice and enjoy!