When life hands you lemons, you throw them in your pancake batter 😉
These tangy and sweet pancakes are my new favorite weekend brunch recipe. Most days I don’t crave sweet in the morning, but when I do – it’s pancakes. These flapjacks came out so thick and fluffy. I also can’t get enough lemon flavor this time of year! It makes everything taste so much more refreshing.
I used oat flour for this recipe but regular all purpose flour or almond flour would also work!
- 1 & 1/4 cup oat flour
- 1/2 lemon – juiced (save other half for squeezing on top of the pancakes)
- 1 lemon – zested
- 3/4 cup unsweetened nut milk (I used cashew milk)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- pinch of salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 egg
- maple syrup and/or yogurt (for topping)
- In a mixing bowl combine lemon juice, zest, milk, vanilla and egg.
- Add oat flour, baking powder, chia seeds, and salt. Make sure everything is combined.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat and grease it with cooking spray (I use coconut oil spray).
- Pour about 1/4 cup amounts of batter onto the skillet and cook for a few minutes (or until sides start to brown) on each side. Continue with all the batter, top with more lemon zest, and a little bit of fresh squeezed lemon, some yogurt and/or maple syrup!