Juicy and seasoned chicken breast baked with black beans, corn, fire roasted tomatoes, and pepper jack cheese – all the southwestern flavors you love in one pan!
So I’ve noticed a pattern with my most viewed recipes – most of them are my one pan dinners! I guess you guys love the quick clean up (I sure know I do!!)
This recipe was somewhat inspired by one of my favorite/most popular recipes on here, which is my baked bruschetta chicken. Except, I switched from Italian flavors to southwestern flavors. Both these dishes are so easy, healthy, low-carb, and delicious! What more could you ask for in a dinner!?
^This is what your pan should look like before going into the oven. Bake it for around 35-40 minutes (depending on the size of your chicken breast) and then top it with some shredded pepper-jack or cheese of choice, and bake again for about 5 minutes! I topped mine with some avocado and cilantro too, so flavorful!
If you don’t like cheese or are dairy-free, feel free to leave out the pepper-jack or use a vegan shredded cheese!
Southwestern Chicken Bake
- Yield: 4 chicken breast 1x
- 4 thin cut chicken breasts (skinless and boneless)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp chili powder (or to taste)
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder (or to taste)
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- 1 15 oz. can diced fire roasted tomatoes
- 1/2 cup corn
- 1 15 oz. can black beans (drained and rinsed)
- 1/3 cup shredded pepper-jack cheese (or any shredded cheese)
- chopped cilantro and sliced avocado (optional (for topping))
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F and spray a 9 x 13 baking dish/pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Brush your chicken breasts with olive oil, season with a little salt and pepper. In a small bowl combine, the chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, and paprika. Rub the seasoning onto the chicken breasts.
- Place seasoned chicken into the prepared pan and then top with fire roasted tomatoes, black beans and corn.
- Bake for about 35-40 minutes (depending on size of chicken breast) or until cooked through.
- Remove from the oven and top with shredded pepper-jack, bake for about another 3-5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Top with cilantro and avocado if desired. Enjoy!
This looks so delicious! Thanks for sharing!
It was delicious! thank you!!