The best dessert for strawberry season!
I’ve been making the most out of strawberry season this year, this delicious strawberry crumble is my new favorite spring-time dessert. It was super easy to throw together, made my home smell like a dream while it was baking, and tasted incredible.
Go stock up on your fresh strawberries and make this – serve it warm with some vanilla ice cream!Print
- 4–5 cups fresh strawberries (hulled and quartered) should be about 1 16 oz. container
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp arrowroot powder (cornstarch will also work)
- 1 tbsp almond flour (oat flour would also work)
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 1/3 cup almond flour (oat flour would also work)
- 2 & 1/2 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp melted coconut oil
- pinch of salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray an 8 inch baking dish with cooking spray (I used coconut oil spray) – set aside.
- After rinsing and cutting your strawberries making sure to lightly pat them dry.
- In a large bowl combine strawberries with fresh lemon juice and almond extract.
- Combine with arrowroot powder and even coat/stir around. Add 1 tbsp almond flour and mix around to evenly coat all the strawberries then transfer evenly on the bottom of the prepared baking dish.
- In a separate bowl combine oats, 1/3 cup almond flour, cinnamon, and salt. Add melted coconut oil and maple syrup. Make sure everything is combined completely.
- Evenly spread the oat mixture on top of the strawberries.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool slightly.
- Serve with vanilla ice cream!