These buffalo chicken zucchini boats are one of the easiest and healthiest ways you can enjoy all the flavors of buffalo chicken!
Zucchini boats are my jam! With summer coming, zucchini’s will be in season and I will be stuffing them all summer long! They’re such a fun, fresh, and light dinner. Also, you can totally mix it up depending on what you’re craving. Last night I was craving buffalo wings. So that’s why I created these. You can also make italian stuffed zucchini, or my favorite enchilada stuffed zucchini! So delicious and healthy.
My husband said these buffalo zucchini boats are his new favorite. Therefore, I think that means they’re husband approved! Sometimes it’s hard to get husband’s to get their veggies in. Trick them into it with anything buffalo flavored and I’m sure they’ll love it.
Other buffalo recipes you will love:
This recipe made four boats. My husband and I each had two boats and were very satisfied. I bought the lb. of pre-made chicken breast from Trader Joe’s and chopped/shredded it about half of it. I would say it was probably about 1 large chicken breast. You could also use rotisserie chicken to make it a little easier for yourself. I’m all about convenience!
I top these with crumbled gorgonzola cheese, a drizzle of ranch, sliced avocado and sliced green onion! These toppings are all optional but are a delicious addition. I love Sir Kensington’s ranch. But, feel free to use whatever one your heart desires.
I hope you love these buffalo chicken zucchini boats as much as I do! I love hearing your feedback so make sure to comment and rate the recipe if you try it.Print
2 large zucchinis
2 cups chicken (cooked and shredded or chopped)
1/4 cup Red Hot hot sauce
2 tbsp mayo
1/2 tsp garlic powder
2 tbsp crumbled gorgonzola or blue cheese
ranch for drizzling, optional
1/2 avocado, sliced
chopped green onion or chives for topping
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cut tips off ends of zucchinis, and then cut the zucchinis in half, lengthwise & spoon the middle of the zucchini out.
- Place zucchini in a baking dish with about an inch of water covering the bottom of the pan, Cover in foil, and bake for about 17-18 minutes. Remove the water from the pan with zucchini boats when they’re done baking.
- While zucchini is baking, whisk together the hot sauce, mayo, and garlic. Add the buffalo sauce to the shredded or chopped chicken. Stir to combine – making sure all the chicken is coated. Season with pepper if desired.
- Divide the buffalo chicken mixture evenly in each boat.
- Cover the baking dish with foil and bake for another 18-20 minutes.
- Top the boats with crumbled gorgonzola or blue cheese and broil on high for 2-3 minutes uncovered, or until the cheese is melted.
- Top with sliced avocado, drizzled ranch, and fresh chopped cilantro. Enjoy!