The perfect low-carb appetizer for the holidays!
Sweet potato crostini makes such a lovely, little appetizer addition for the holidays! Since it’s low-carb it’s a little easier not to fill up before a big dinner. There’s also a bunch of ways to customize and stack them. I have another recipe for fall bruschetta on sweet potato crostini, and it’s pretty amazing! This recipe is a little bit more simple and easier to assemble.
Crostini is one of my favorite apps, with lots of cheese or dip of course! There are enough carb-filled indulgences during the holidays, so a nice little gluten/carb free option is a nice change-up! Gotta save the carbs for all of the stuffing and dessert right 😉Print
Sweet Potato Crostini With Brie, Pear, & Honey
- Total Time: 36 minutes
- Yield: 12 crostinis (about) 1x
- 1 large sweet potato (cut into 1/4 inch rounds)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- thin sliced brie (to taste (I used light brie))
- 1 pear (thinly sliced)
- crushed pecans (to taste)
- 1 tbsp honey (for drizzling)
- fresh thyme (for garnish)
- sea salt (to taste)
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees F
- Toss your sweet potato rounds in olive oil and sea salt
- Spread your sweet potato rounds in a single layer on a lightly greased baking sheet, place on the middle rack in the oven and bake for 13-14 minutes, flip each sweet potato round, then bake for another 13-14 minutes or until crispy and slightly golden brown on the edges
- Let them cool slightly, then assemble. Add your sliced brie, then sliced pear, some crushed pecans, drizzled honey, and fresh thyme. Enjoy!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 31 minutes