This juicy grilled chicken was seasoned with paprika, salt, pepper, garlic powder, cinnamon and nutmeg. These seasonings gave it the perfect sweet and spicy taste – bursting with flavor in every bite.
I cannot get enough of peaches this time of year. They’re so fresh and juicy. This chutney took about 8 minutes to whip up and it’s the perfect topping for chicken or fish. This meal will be a summer staple for us and I hope it can be for you too! Fire up the grill and get cookin’ 🙂Print
Sweet & Spicy Grilled Chicken
- 4 thin cut chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 & 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp cayenne – or to taste
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- salt and taste
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 3 peaches, chopped
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 tbsp chives, chopped – plus more for topping
- Add the chicken to a baking dish with a lid or zipblock. Add olive oil, paprika, cinnamon, nutmeg, cayenne, and garlic powder. Make sure chicken is completely coated and let marinate for at least 1 hour or as long as overnight. The longer the better!
- When you’re ready to eat, season the chicken with a pinch of salt.
- Spray the grill with a tiny bit of non-stick cooking spray and fire it up to medium-high heat. Grill the chicken for about 4 minutes per side or until the chicken is cooked through completely.
- While the chicken is grilling add coconut oil to a sauce pan or skillet over medium heat. Add the peaches and let simmer for about 4-5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add honey, lemon juice and chives.. stir and let thicken for a 3-5 more minutes.
- Remove from heat and season with a pinch of salt. Spoon desired amount on top of the grilled chicken and add a few more fresh chopped chives.
-if you like your chicken more on the sweet or spicy side – feel free to alter the seasoning amounts
-this makes 4 thin chicken breasts, so I’d say this serves two people!