Teriyaki BBQ pineapple chicken stir fry!
If you’re craving Chinese food, this dish will satisfy your taste-buds and it’s made with clean ingredients! I served mine with some brown rice (decided to take a break from my usual cauli-rice with this dish 😉 ) and it was so flavorful and delicious – we definitely did not miss the take-out. At first, I was going for a typical teriyaki and pineapple chicken dish, but I was looking in my pantry and saw a fresh bottle of BBQ sauce. So, I splashed a tablespoon in my sauce mixture, I’m so happy I did this because it made the sauce taste incredible.Print
Teriyaki BBQ Pineapple Chicken
- Yield: 2 servings 1x
- 1.5 lb. boneless and skinless chicken breast, cut into bite size pieces
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1.5 tbsp olive oil, or avocado oil
- 2 tbsp BBQ sauce
- 2 tsp toasted sesame oil
- 1/3 cup coconut aminos or soy sauce
- 1 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp tapioca starch or arrowroot powder
- pinch of ground ginger
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 3/4 cup pineapple, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- sesame seeds, for topping, optional
- Prepare the sauce. In a small mixing bowl combine BBQ sauce, coconut aminos OR soy sauce, honey, rice vinegar, toasted sesame oil, salt, pepper and ground ginger. Set aside.
- Season chicken with garlic powder, salt and pepper. Then toss with tapioca starch.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and add olive oil and chicken – cook chicken until it’s cooked through and slightly browned.
- Once the chicken is cooked through – pour the sauce on top and evenly coat the chicken.
- Immediately add chopped bell pepper and let cook for 3-4 minutes, stirring around occasionally.
- Add pineapple pieces and let everything simmer for another 2 minutes or until the sauce thickens.. stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Serve with rice, quinoa or cauliflower rice.