The best sweet flavor combo (banana and chocolate!) packed into delicious muffins. If you have an abundance of ripe bananas, this is the recipe for you! They’re made with real, simple ingredients! I use bob’s red mill oat flour in this recipe – you could also make your own oat flour or use regular flour/whole wheat flour/gluten-free flour or paleo flour (so many flour options these days!) I used enjoy life food’s – they are dairy-free, nut-free, soy-free and paleo! But, feel free to use any brand!
These muffins are moist and the perfect amount of sweet – be warned you’ll want to eat them all in one sitting. I love heating one of these up for about 10 seconds in the microwave for breakfast – it’s quick and super satisfying.Print
- 3 ripe bananas (mashed)
- 1 & 1/2 cups oat flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- pinch of cinnamon
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a muffin tray with 12 liners and spray with cooking spray (I always use coconut oil spray) – DO NOT skip this step or your muffins will stick to the liners.
- Using a stand mixer or with a mixing bowl and spoon combine mashed bananas, vanilla, honey cinnamon and olive oil. Whisk in the eggs and make sure everything is combined.
- Next add in the salt and baking soda.
- Add oat flour and fold in the chocolate chips – DO NOT overmix.
- Equally divide the batter in each muffin tin, and bake for about 15-18 minutes or until the tops are golden (I always test with a tooth-pick)
- Let the muffins cool for at least 5 minutes and enjoy!