This apple streusel loaf is the perfect fall treat! Layered with cinnamon brown sugar apples and streusel then topped with a glaze.
This loaf screams fall! It’s layered with all the cozy fall flavors like apple, cinnamon, and brown sugar. It’s delicious as a dessert or even a snack paired with your afternoon coffee or tea.
Other recipes you will enjoy:
- Pecan bourbon apple crisp
- Frozen apple cider margaritas
- Dijon chicken apple sliders
- Butternut squash and apple soup
- Pumpkin donut holes
- Pumpkin butter brie bites
Why not save & pin for later?
Make sure you don’t lose this recipe by saving it for later! Also, for more recipes make sure you’re following me on Pinterest, Instagram and like my page on Facebook. If you make this recipe, be sure to leave a star rating and tag me in your pictures!
Thank you Courtney for developing this recipe!Print
2 cups (approximately 2 large apples) granny smith apples, peeled, cored, and diced
2 tbsp brown sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 cup (half a stick) unsalted butter, melted
1/2 cup all purpose flour
2 tbsp granulated sugar
2 tbsp brown sugar
1/4 tsp cinnamon
Pinch of salt
1 cup all purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp kosher salt
1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup full fat sour cream
1/4 cup whole milk
1/2 cup powdered sugar
2 tsp whole milk
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
Optional: a little bit of cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line an 8 x 4 with a sheet of parchment paper so you can easily lift the bread out after baking.
- In a small mixing bowl, toss together the diced apples, brown sugar, and cinnamon and set aside.
- Stir together the ingredients for the streusel and mix until it is wet but crumbly. Set aside.
- Mix the flour, powder, soda, and salt together in a medium bowl and set aside.
- In a stand mixer or using an electric beater, beat the butter and sugar together until well combined and fluffy, about a minute.
- Add in the egg and vanilla and beat, scraping down the sides as necessary, until well combined.
- With the mixer on low, add in the sour cream and then the dry ingredients. Scrape the sides as necessary. Pour in the milk and mix until everything is combined and there are no more clumps, but be sure not to over mix too much.
- Add half the batter mixture to the loaf pan. Add half the apple mixture to the top of the batter, leaving behind any extra juice that has formed in the bowl. Top with half the streusel, crumbling it over the batter with clean fingers.
- Spread the other half of the batter on top of the streusel using a spatula. Top with the remaining apples, again, avoiding the extra juices. Top with the remaining streusel.
- Bake in the oven for about 60 minutes, until it no longer jiggles and a toothpick comes out clean. Loaf may sink a bit in the middle from the weight of the apples but that is okay.
- Once fully cooled, remove from loaf pan. Mix the glaze ingredients together. If it seems too thick you can add a little more milk. Drizzle over the top of the loaf, slice and enjoy!
- Cook Time: 60 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking
Keywords: apple, loaf, streusel, bread, cinnamon, brown sugar, fall baking