These super easy Dijon Chicken Apple Cheddar Sliders have all the flavors of fall packed in little buttered slider rolls! I love serving these easy chicken, apple and cheese sliders either as a fun dinner or when I’m entertaining. You can prep them ahead, ready to brush with melted butter and put in the oven as your guests are about to arrive!
I love a good slider recipe! How could you not love a mini sandwich? My Hawaiian BBQ sliders are one of my favorite things to make for a party. However, these might be my new favorite for the season. Plus, they are easy to make and you can easily prep them ready to go in the oven as you get ready to entertain!
The flavors in these sliders – chicken, apple, mustard and plenty of gooey cheddar cheese – are perfect for fall. You can bring these to a Friendsgiving and I’m sure everyone would love them. However, I think they’d be a hit for actual Thanksgiving too!
I hope you enjoy these Dijon Chicken Apple Cheddar Sliders! They’re the perfect little dish to bring loved ones together for the holidays, or just to enjoy at home if the fancy takes you 🙂
What you’ll need for this recipe:
Hawaiian roll sliders (just buy your favorite brand), shredded cheddar cheese (pre-grated or you can grate your own), red apple (I love making these in the fall so use whatever is local and seasonal!), shredded chicken (either leftover from a roast chicken, from a rotisserie chicken, or you can prep some to use in this recipe), Dijon Mustard (the best quality you can find, French brands are usually your best bet), runny honey (just whatever you have on hand), melted butter, and fresh Italian parsley.
Can I prep these sliders ahead?
Yes! Just assemble them in the pan and then brush on the melted butter when you’re ready to bake them. You can also prep the chicken and the cheese ahead if Sunday meal prep is your thing (I love getting ahead – have you checked out my Meal Prep archive yet?)
What should I serve alongside these sliders?
These sliders are great for dinner, but they’re even better served on Game Day if you’ve stumbled across this recipe and you’re still a few months away from Thanksgiving! Complete your menu with:
- Baked Pimento Spinach & Artichoke Dip
- Air Fryer Blue Cheese Stuffed Olives
- Lightened Up Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Baked “Everything” Sweet Potato Fries
- Healthier Crab Cake Poppers
Other recipes you will love:
- Hawaiian BBQ Sliders
- Fall Harvest Sheet Pan Dinner
- Apple Cheddar Stuffed Chicken Breasts
- Easy Crock-Pot (Slow Cooker) Buffalo Chicken Chili
- Hamburger Helper Gnocchi
- Air Fryer Potatoes with Harissa Aioli
Why not save & pin for later?
Make sure you don’t lose this recipe by saving it for later! Also, for more recipes make sure you’re following me on Pinterest, Instagram and like my page on Facebook. If you make this recipe, be sure to leave a star rating and tag me in your pictures!Print
Dijon Chicken Apple Cheddar Sliders
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 12 sliders 1x
These super easy Dijon Chicken Apple Cheddar Sliders have all the flavors of fall packed in little buttered slider rolls! I You can prep them ahead, ready to put in the oven as your guests are about to arrive!
- 12 Hawaiian roll sliders, split
- 2 & 1/2 cups shredded chicken (see note)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 red apple, thinly sliced
- 3 tbsp good quality Dijon mustard
- 1–2 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp melted butter
- 2 tsp fresh chopped Italian parsley
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium mixing bowl combine shredded chicken with the dijon and honey.
- Arrange the bottom half of the rolls in a rectangle baking dish.
- Evenly spoon on the dijon chicken on each slider roll half.
- Add a slice or two of apple to each slider.
- Top with shredded cheddar.
- Add the tops of the rolls and brush on melted butter.
- Cover with foil and bake for about 20 minutes.
- Uncover and bake for 5 more minutes.
- Sprinkle the chopped parsley on top.
To save time I use rotisserie chicken so I don’t have to cook chicken just for this recipe.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
These are so easy and GOod! I love that it’s a different fall take on a version of the popular slider sandwiches. a few differences I made/would make for my Family’s preferences: added ~1/3 c. mayonnaise and next time I’d cut the dijon mustard down to 2.5-3 T. Thanks for the yummy dinner recipe!
I’ve made this recipe a bunch of times and love it every time! When just making for myself, i make as a sandwich–and it is delicious. so flavorful! Definitely one of my favorites.