This Maple Bourbon Air Fryer Brussels Sprouts & Squash recipe is a delicious fall side dish served with a fantastic maple pecan bourbon sauce! Serve them as part of your Thanksgiving meal or alongside a simple autumnal dinner – ready in just 30 minutes they’re really quick to make for such bold fall flavors!
I cannot get enough of brussels sprouts this time of year! So I figured one more holiday recipe using them wouldn’t hurt. Made in the air fryer, these maple bourbon air fried brussels sprouts & squash are the perfect addition to any holiday party! The best part is how easy it is to make with only 15 minutes hands on time.
This side dish is great for Thanksgiving, Friendsgiving, holiday parties, or just a side with your everyday dinner! It screams Fall with the crispy Brussels sprouts, butternut squash, and slightly caramelised apple chunks. The maple pecan bourbon glaze just ties it all together so nicely – no boring veggies here!
The air fryer also makes it cook so much more quickly versus an oven. Plus, if you’re stuck for oven space because you’re cooking a big turkey in there, it is the perfect side dish to add to your Thanksgiving menu. The maple pecan bourbon sauce is whipped up super quick as well, in a saucepan. Once the brussels, squash and apple are done air frying you just toss them with the sauce.
Which air fryer do you use?
I use this one! If you don’t have one – I have to say it’s by far my favorite kitchen appliance. Also, it would make an amazing gift. I use it all the time and it is so helpful as it cooks things really quickly – it is also such a helpful, healthy alternative to deep fat frying. No more messing around with hot oil!
Do I have to use butternut squash?
No, butternut is easiest to get hold of but you can use any fall seasonal squash you like in this recipe.
Can you leave out the bourbon?
Of course! I am NOT a bourbon drinker whatsoever. But, I love a little splash of bourbon in some recipes, especially in the fall. If you’re not into it, feel free to leave it out. It will still be so delicious.
Can I make the sauce in advance?
Yes, but you’ll need to warm it through before tossing in the veggies. This will be helpful if stovetop space is also at a premium while you’re cooking Thanksgiving dinner!
Other recipes you will love:
- Air Fryer Sesame Brussels Sprouts
- Healthier Air Fryer Crab Cake Poppers
- Air Fryer Brussels Sprouts with Dijon Aioli
- Healthy Air Fryer Pickles
- Healthy Air Fryer Buffalo Chicken Meatballs
- Easy Lemon Chicken Soup with Pasta Shells
Why not save & pin for later?
Make sure you don’t lose this recipe by saving it for later! Also, for more recipes make sure you’re following me on Pinterest, Instagram and like my page on Facebook. If you make this recipe, be sure to leave a star rating and tag me in your pictures!Print
This Air Fryer Brussels Sprouts & Squash recipe is a delicious fall side dish served with a fantastic maple pecan bourbon sauce!
Air fried brussels sprouts, squash and apple
- 1 lb. brussels sprouts, halved and trimmed
- 2 cups cubed butternut squash
- 1 red apple, cored and cut into small chunks
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
Maple Pecan Bourbon Sauce
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1/2 cup raw pecan halves
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp coconut aminos
- 1/2 tbsp bourbon (optional)
- pinch of salt
- In a large bowl combine the brussels sprouts, squash and apple with the olive oil and nutmeg. Mix until everything is evenly coated.
- Add to air fryer and cook at 390 degrees F for 10 minutes, toss and cook another 4 minutes.
- Meanwhile, add butter to a small saucepan over medium low heat.
- Once melted add the pecans and let them cook for 1-2 minutes, stirring them around occasionally.
- Add maple syrup, coconut aminos, bourbon and salt.
- Let thicken for about 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add air fried brussels, squash and apple to a bowl and pour maple pecan bourbon sauce on top and mix to evenly coat everything.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
If you don’t want to use bourbon, this recipe will be just as delicious without!
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Side Dish