These Healthier Air Fryer Pickles are a lighter version of your Game Day favorite made with better for you ingredients – a crispy and delicious snack made with just a handful of ingredients that’s so easy to make and even easier to eat! What is more, they’re easy to make gluten-free!
Fried Pickles are probably my favorite appetizer, EVER. So, why not make them a bit healthier and homemade with my easy Healthier Air Fryer Pickles recipe!?
My husband has been wanting an air fryer for years now. We finally got the Crux 5.3 QT Air Convection Fryer and now I’m not sure how I ever lived without. I was against getting one for the longest time. First of all, we barely have enough storage space for the kitchen appliances and gadgets we own. Also, I wasn’t sure if I’d even use it. Nothing’s worse than kitchen gadgets that just sit in the cabinet. However, I was so wrong. I use this thing almost daily.
The minimal time it takes to cook things compared to the oven is crazy and worth it in itself.
I quickly learned what the air fryer craze was about. It would make the best holiday gift, just saying!
These Healthier Fried Pickles took less than 12 minutes to cook in my air fryer. They were so full of flavor and, but a whole lot less greasy than usual. The air fryer still gets them super crispy but without the crazy amount of oil you get when you pan fry them.
What brand of pickle chips should I use?
I like to use spicy pickle chips for extra flavor and little kick 😉 I get the hot and spicy ones from Trader Joe’s and they go perfectly with this recipe.
What sauces go well with these pickle chips?
Help! I can’t get my pickles to crisp up!
The key to good fried pickles is to pat them down before breading them to remove some excess liquid. This way they’ll get crispier while they cook!
Other recipes you will love:
- Air Fryer Fingerling Potatoes Recipe
- Trader Joe’s Air Fryer Parmesan Cauliflower Gnocchi
- Air Fryer Brussels Sprouts with Bacon and Honey
- Air Fryer Chicken Wings with Aleppo Pepper
- Air Fryer Shrimp Caesar Salad
- Hot Honey Pizza with Prosciutto
Why not save & pin for later?
Make sure you don’t lose this recipe by saving it for later! Also, for more recipes make sure you’re following me on Pinterest, Instagram and like my page on Facebook. If you make this recipe, be sure to leave a star rating and tag me in your pictures!Print
These Healthier Air Fryer Pickles are a lighter version of your Game Day favorite made with better for you ingredients – a crispy and delicious snack made with just a handful of ingredients that’s so easy to make and even easier to eat!
- 1 1/2 – 2 cups pickle chips
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup all purpose flour, or a gluten-free flour
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs or regular seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- salt and pepper, to taste
- non-stick cooking spray (I use olive oil spray)
- Dry the pickle chips with paper towels really well to remove excess moisture.
- In a small bowl whisk together the two eggs. In another small bowl add flour, and in another add the breadcrumbs, paprika, salt and pepper.
- Spray your air fryer basket with non-stick cooking spray.
- Dip each pickle chip in the flour, then carefully dip into the egg, then the breadcrumbs then place into the air fryer.
- Generously spray the pickles with non-stick spray.
- Cook on 400 degrees (or whatever is the highest temperature) for 5-6 minutes, flip then cook another 3-4 minutes or longer if you think they can be crispier (you may have to cook them in batches, depending on the size of your air fryer!)
- Serve with your favorite dipping sauce! My favorite is combining ranch and buffalo sauce.
If you don’t have an air fryer you can make these in a skillet with oil! Just fry them on high until crisp and golden on each side before draining on a piece of kitchen paper.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Appetizer
- Cuisine: American