These easy baked cheeseburger sliders are the perfect finger food. Hawaiian rolls, ground chuck, onion, melty American cheese, pickles and burger sauce. There is no better combination.
The Super Bowl is approaching and I can’t think of a better recipe to celebrate it with. These burger sliders are the best game day snack. My husband had to use some serious will power to keep himself from eating the entire tray. So, I would say they are must try. They’re inspired by classic smash burgers. The best toppings are always onion, cheese, pickles and some sort of “special” sauce. This recipe checks all of those boxes.
Other slider recipes you will love:
- Hawaiian Sliders
- Dijon Chicken Apple Cheddar Sliders
- Ham Cheddar Dill Pickle Sliders
- Air Fryer Burger Sliders
I love a good slider recipe! How could you not love a mini sandwich with melted butter on top? My Hawaiian BBQ sliders are one of my favorite things to make for a party. However, these might be my new favorite for the Super Bowl and game day. Plus, you can easily prep them and have them ready to go in the oven as you get ready to entertain! Also, you can easily double the recipe if you need more than twelve sliders.
What you’ll need for this recipe:
Hawaiian roll sliders (just buy your favorite brand, I like King’s Hawaiian), ground chuck (80/20 is preferred, regular ground beef will also work), white onion, sliced American cheese, dill pickle chips, and butter. For the burger sauce you will need mayonnaise, ketchup, dill pickle relish, pickle juice, worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper. Also, feel free to buy a store bought burger sauce to make this even easier. Some brands call it “special sauce.”
Can I prep these sliders ahead?
Yes! Just assemble them in the pan and then brush on the melted butter when you’re ready to bake them. Having them ready the night before will be fine. I wouldn’t go much longer than that.
Why not save & pin for later?
Make sure you don’t lose this recipe by saving it for later! Also, for more recipes make sure you’re following me on Pinterest, Instagram and like my page on Facebook. If you make this recipe, be sure to leave a star rating and tag me in your pictures!Print
Baked Cheeseburger Sliders
- Yield: 12 sliders
12 pack Hawaiian roll sliders, split
1 tbsp olive oil
1 lb 80/20 ground chuck, ground beef will also work
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
1/2 a white onion, very thinly sliced
6 slices American cheese
12 dill pickle slices
1 tbsp melted butter
1/4 cup mayonnaise
2 tbsp ketchup
1 tbsp dill pickle relish
splash of pickle juice
splash of worcestershire sauce
salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Arrange the bottom half of the rolls in a rectangle baking dish.
- Make the burger sauce by mixing all of the ingredients in a small mixing bowl or container. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Add olive oil to a large skillet over medium heat. Add the ground chuck and season with salt and pepper. Break up the meat so it crumbles into small pieces. Cook until no longer pink and cooked through then remove from heat.
- Use a slotted spoon (to avoid excess grease) to add the meat on top of the bottom half of the sliders. Make sure the meat is spread evenly on the sliders.
- Add sliced onions, cheese slices, and pickles. Spread on the burger sauce then add the top of the slider buns.
- Brush on the melted butter.
- Cover with foil and bake for 15 minutes. Uncover and bake an additional 2-3 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!