This super creamy recipe for Whipped Feta Dip is topped with fresh cucumber slices, cherry tomatoes, chopped pistachios, dill, and fresh lemon for a flavorful Mediterranean treat, best served with fluffy naan bread for dipping and scooping!
I have been craving all of the fresh Mediterranean flavors lately. This simple Whipped Feta Dip is one of my new favorite things to serve for lunch or as a vibrant appetizer. I recently made some and threw some chilled beets, chopped pistachios, lemon and dill on top. It was so satisfying and delicious. My husband and I loved it.
Also, whipped feta is incredibly easy to make at home. So, don’t be discouraged! All you need is a hand mixer or immersion blender. A stand mixer with the right attachment will work too! Anything to help whip up the feta and yogurt into something delicious and creamy!
This creamy Whipped Feta Dip can be eaten alone with naan bread and pita chips. However, I thought throwing some cucumbers, tomatoes and olives on top would make it more of a dip. This would be perfect for serving a group. The best part is no cooking is involved.
I hope you enjoy this fresh and delicious dip! It’s perfect for spring time.
Frequently Asked Questions
I recommend using fresh naan bread for serving instead of frozen! The fresh naan just has such a great fluffy texture to it that compliments the fluffy whipped feta dip. However, use whatever is easiest for you! Pita chips are another great option, either store bought or homemade. I get my fresh naan bread from Trader Joe’s. They also sell mini naan bread at some big grocery stores that would be perfect for this dip.
Yes, but feta only lasts a couple of days once you’ve opened the pack so keep that in mind. Also, it thickens as it cools so you’ll want to take it out ahead of serving and beat it up with a spoon to add a little of the light texture back in once it has reached room temperature.
Absolutely! As I mentioned I’ve already made a delicious version with beets – literally anything you’d serve as part of a salad containing feta goes! While it is mixing Greek and Italian flavors, the bruschetta topping from my Whipped Ricotta Bruschetta Dip would be delicious here. Olives are one of my favorite add-ins if I have a jar open.
Other recipes you will love:
- Best Whipped Ricotta with Tomatoes
- Clean Eating Greek Hummus Yogurt Dip
- Greek Salad Bowls with Tahini
- Best Mediterranean Farro Salad Recipe with Feta
- Healthy Taco Layer Dip with Greek Yogurt
Why not save & pin for later?
Make sure you don’t lose this recipe by saving it for later! Also, for more recipes make sure you’re following me on Pinterest, Instagram and like my page on Facebook. If you make this recipe, be sure to leave a star rating and tag me in your pictures!Print
This super creamy recipe for Whipped Feta Dip is topped with fresh cucumber slices, cherry tomatoes, olives, chopped pistachios, dill, and fresh lemon for a flavorful Mediterranean treat, best served with fluffy naan bread for dipping and scooping!
- 10 oz. block feta cheese, in brine (see note)
- 8 oz. plain Greek yogurt or sour cream
- juice and zest of 1/2 a lemon, plus 2 lemon wedges for serving
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 Persian cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 tbsp fresh dill, chopped
- 2 tbsp pistachios, roughly chopped
- Naan bread cut into triangles, or pita chips, for serving
- In a large bowl combine the feta, Greek yogurt, lemon juice, lemon zest, olive oil, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Using a hand mixer or immersion blender, blend until smooth and creamy. It should take a few minutes.
- Spread the whipped feta in a shallow bowl or onto a small plate.
- Top with cucumbers, tomatoes, dill, and pistachios.
- Serve immediately with lemon wedges and naan or pita chips.
Crumbled will also work but feta blocks in brine work best!
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Category: Appetizers
- Cuisine: Mediterranean
Keywords: feta, whipped feta, dip, feta dip, mediterranean, appetizer