Looking for a brand new Mediterranean-style salad recipe? These easy Greek Bowls with Lemon Tahini Sauce are satisfying, nourishing and so easy to make! They are the perfect healthy lunch or weeknight dinner packed with chickpeas, brown rice, tomatoes, cucumber, stuffed olives and feta.
I’m a big fan of any meal that is Mediterranean cuisine inspired. These Greek Bowls with Lemon Tahini Sauce are exactly that. They’re basically everything you’d expect in a Greek salad with the addition of brown rice and a lemon tahini sauce that I want to put on everything.
This dish is easy and healthy. However, it is the farthest thing from boring – it is also super easy to customise if you’re cooking for people with different tastes. Every bite has lots of flavor and I’m always satisfied after this meal.
These Greek Bowls with Lemon Tahini Sauce are the perfect transitional recipe going into Spring. It’s fresh yet comforting at the same time. I hope you enjoy them as much as I do!
What do I need to make these Greek Bowls?
For this recipe you will need some brown rice. I make life easy by getting Trader Joe’s frozen microwavable packets. You will also need chickpeas, cherry tomatoes, Persian cucumbers, crumbled feta cheese, fresh dill, olives, pickled red onions, and naan.
However, the beautiful thing about this recipe is that if there’s any ingredient that you’re not crazy about, simply omit it. You will still have an amazing and loaded bowl.
Can I make the Lemon Tahini Sauce in advance?
Of course! For the lemon tahini sauce you will need tahini, lemon juice, olive oil, onion powder, garlic powder, salt and pepper. This sauce is my absolute favorite. So, I highly recommend making it not only for this recipe, but for future recipes as well! It would be great on my Mediterranean Farro Salad.
Other recipes you will love:
- Greek Salad with Pan Fried Halloumi
- Greek Risoni Salad with Feta
- Clean Eating Greek Yogurt & Feta Dip
- Whipped Feta Dip with Tomatoes and Cucumber
- Easy Lemon Chicken Noodle Soup with Dill
- Trader Joe’s Caprese Ravioli Recipe
Why not save & pin for later?
Make sure you don’t lose this recipe by saving it for later! Also, for more recipes make sure you’re following me on Pinterest, Instagram and like my page on Facebook. If you make this recipe, be sure to leave a star rating and tag me in your pictures!Print
Greek Bowls With Lemon Tahini Sauce
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 3–4 servings 1x
Looking for a brand new Mediterranean-style salad recipe? These easy Greek Bowls with Lemon Tahini Sauce are satisfying, nourishing and so easy to make! They are the perfect healthy lunch or weeknight dinner packed with chickpeas, tomatoes, cucumber, stuffed olives and feta.
For the Greek Bowls
- 1 1/2 cups cooked brown rice
- 1 (15 oz) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2–3 Persian cucumbers, sliced
- 1 cup crumbled feta
- 2 tbsp fresh dill, chopped
- 1/3 cup olives of choice
- pickled red onions, to taste (see note)
- 1 naan, cut into triangles
- lemon wedges
For the Lemon Tahini Sauce
- 1/3 cup tahini
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp cold water
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- pinch of onion powder
- salt and pepper, to taste
- First make the lemon tahini sauce by combining tahini, lemon juice, olive oil, water, garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper in a small mixing bowl. Mix well. If you want a thinner sauce, add a little more water. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Assemble the bowls by evenly dividing brown rice amongst the bowls. Top with chickpeas, tomatoes, cucumbers, feta, dill, olives, pickled red onions, naan, and lemon wedges.
- Drizzle with desired amount of lemon tahini and enjoy!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Dinner
- Cuisine: Greek
great recipe. so healthy & filling! also great for meal prepping